Wednesday, August 7, 2013

For Teachers, Especially Mine


I am taught by a great teacher.
she leads with her heart,
and through her Love I have begun to walk the starry paths
of my young heart.

this teacher has taught me to untangle myself from the sticky
web of my dreams, so I may find joy in my present moment.

she has helped me to discover that if I desire deep sleep and deep love,
then I must cease my anxious pacing on the shore.
I must dive right into the heaving storm that is my new life.

I lay in the burning sunlight of her lessons
so that I may become a great teacher one day too.
I have seen my inner hurricane and weathered the violence.

I listen to her words so I may know the peace of resting on God’s broad chest…
so I may know the rhythm of my Lord’s steady breathing.
so I may rise with His inhale and sink with His exhale,
knowing that I can hear His unchangeable heartbeat
whenever I put my ear to the Earth and listen

No comments:

Post a Comment